Sunday 20 March 2016

She lives in a house in the country

No place like home


I often post photo's from home on my Facebook page & get such lovely comments from people who tell me how lucky I am & how they would love to see inside my cosy 3 bedroom country cottage. 
 I guess you forget to appreciate your surroundings when you live it every day.
 I am blessed to have my own little piece of Devon heaven.  
 So just for you.... I present a little through the keyhole from the home of Kwirky Knits UK.


It's true!!

A house warming gift from my sister is the first thing to greet you as you enter my home. The best present ever & of course I am his best catch! Modest much??





Come on in & take a seat, I have to admit it's not always this tidy. 
The open fire has to be one of my favourite features.
We love to toast crumpets on the fire


The Christmas dinner room
It's sad to say but our dining room doesn't get used all that often, a shame really as it's a gorgeous room. Many merry Christmas dinners have been had around that table, a bit of a squeeze sometimes but I am getting a larger table soon...for us to not use much either.

My husband does all the cooking & he makes a mean roast dinner in the Rayburn. We do have a standard cooker in the kitchen but you can't beat a Rayburn roast.


My purple paradise


Those that follow me will understand my choice of colour in the bedroom. I love purple so much that even my wedding dress was Cadbury.  The feature wall is more of a mulberry shade...well for the moment it is... (I just need to work out how to sneak in some fabulous wallpaper & redecorate without my husband knowing)


My guest room is more in keeping with the cottage style, in warm chocolate & sandstone.  Another great room - although the bed is regularly hidden under a pile of laundry.  The 3rd bedroom doubles up as a yarn stash room & is where I also keep my current stock, needless to say I'm to embarrassed to show you how it looks right now. 


So that's my little piece of Devon Heaven. I hope you enjoyed a brief look around my home & I've satisfied your need to know.  Thanks for dropping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment